top of page
Malhi Accounting Professional Corporation

Your Personal Tax Accountant

Contact Us to Assist As Your Individual Tax Accountant

We're Ready To Help

Our personal tax services encompass a comprehensive range of offerings tailored to meet the diverse needs of individuals and small businesses. Our skilled team, including dedicated personal tax accountants and small business accountants, specializes in ensuring accurate and efficient handling of various tax-related matters. From managing Personal Income Tax Returns to navigating the complexities of Self-employed Tax Returns, our expertise extends to Elections filing and consulting, ensuring that you make informed decisions that align with your financial goals.


We also provide specialized services for Foreign Property & Income Reporting (T1135/T1134), Compliance Certificates for Non-residents (T2062A) and International Tax Returns (S115/S216), ensuring that our clients receive comprehensive support for their unique tax situations. With our accounting firm, you can trust in the competence of our individual tax accountants to guide you through these processes, providing peace of mind and maximizing your tax benefits.

Personal Income Tax Return
Self-employed Tax Return
Elections filling and consulting
Foreign Property & Income Reporting (T1135/ T1134)
Compliance certificate for Non-resident (T2062A)
International Tax Return (S115/ S216)
Crown logo
  • Who needs to file a tax return in Canada?
    Generally, residents of Canada who earned income or have taxes owing must file a tax return. This includes individuals with employment income, self-employed individuals, and those who have received other types of income such as rental income or investment income.
  • What is the deadline for filing taxes in Canada?
    The deadline for filing your personal income tax return is typically April 30th. If April 30th falls on a weekend or a holiday, the deadline is usually extended to the next business day.
  • How can I file my taxes?
    You can file your taxes online using certified tax software, by mail using paper forms, or through a tax professional. The CRA also offers online services for filing taxes.
  • What documents do I need to prepare my tax return?
    Common documents include T4 slips (employment income), T5 slips (investment income), receipts for deductible expenses, and any other relevant financial documents. Self-employed individuals may need additional documents, such as business expense receipts.
  • What are some tax credits and deductions available to individuals in Canada?
    Common tax credits and deductions include the Basic Personal Amount, Child Tax Credit, Medical Expenses, Charitable Donations, and Education Credits. The specific credits and deductions you qualify for depend on your individual circumstances.
  • What is the Goods and Services Tax (GST) credit?
    The GST credit is a tax-free quarterly payment to help individuals and families with low or modest incomes offset the GST they pay. Eligibility is based on your income and family situation.
  • Do I need to report foreign income?
    Yes, you are required to report any foreign income, including income from employment, investments, and property. There are also reporting requirements for foreign assets exceeding certain thresholds.
  • Can I split income with my spouse or common-law partner?
    There are income-splitting opportunities for some tax credits and deductions, but the rules can be complex. It's advisable to consult with a tax professional to determine the best strategy for your situation.
  • What are the penalties for late filing or non-compliance?
    There are penalties for filing your taxes late and for not reporting income. Interest may also be charged on any amounts owing. It's important to file on time to avoid these penalties.
  • Where can I get more information or assistance?
    The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) website ( is a valuable resource for information on personal taxes. You can also contact the CRA directly or seek assistance from a tax professional.

This FAQ provides a general overview, and individuals involved in tax disputes should always seek professional advice tailored to their specific circumstances and the most recent tax regulations.

bottom of page