top of page
Corporate tax disputes

Tax Dispute Services

Tax review

Tax review, audit, and appeal for Individual, Corporation and GST/HST 

Tax review, audit, and appeal services involve assisting individuals or businesses in managing their tax matters with tax authorities. 

1. Tax Review: This service involves a thorough examination of tax returns and related documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with tax laws. It may also include identifying potential tax-saving opportunities.

2. Tax Audit: In the event of a tax audit by the tax authorities, this service involves representing the client, gathering necessary documentation, and navigating the audit process to ensure fair treatment and minimize potential penalties.

3. Tax Appeal: If a taxpayer disagrees with the outcome of an audit or assessment, tax appeal services help in preparing and presenting arguments to challenge the tax authority's decision through administrative appeals or legal proceedings.

These services aim to protect the taxpayer's interests, ensure compliance with tax laws, and minimize tax liabilities or penalties.

Voluntary Disclosure

Voluntary Disclosure

Voluntary Disclosure Program also known as VDP is a program provided by the CRA which allows the taxpayer a second chance to correct a tax return you previously filled or to file a return that you should have filed. 

You can apply for the VDP to correct errors or omission in your tax filings. The VDP program can only be filed once which provides relief from prosecution and in some cases from penalties that you would otherwise be required to pay. 


We review your tax profile and understand your needs. We provide advice based on your unique profile and advice if VDP would be the best course of action for you.

Penalty & interest relief

Penalty & interest relief

We at Malhi Accounting can assist in assisting tax payers in possible relief from interest and penalties based on certain criteria outlined by the CRA.

Notice of Objection (T400A)

Notice of Objection (T400A)

T400A – is used to file an objection to a notice of assessment or a notice of determination. This needs to be filed within 90 days of the notice being objected to. 

We have extensive experience in filing these forms and understanding what requirements are required in order to file these forms to get the best outcome for our clients

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Who needs to file a tax return in Canada?
    Generally, residents of Canada who earned income or have taxes owing must file a tax return. This includes individuals with employment income, self-employed individuals, and those who have received other types of income such as rental income or investment income.
  • What is the deadline for filing taxes in Canada?
    The deadline for filing your personal income tax return is typically April 30th. If April 30th falls on a weekend or a holiday, the deadline is usually extended to the next business day.
  • How can I file my taxes?
    You can file your taxes online using certified tax software, by mail using paper forms, or through a tax professional. The CRA also offers online services for filing taxes.
  • What documents do I need to prepare my tax return?
    Common documents include T4 slips (employment income), T5 slips (investment income), receipts for deductible expenses, and any other relevant financial documents. Self-employed individuals may need additional documents, such as business expense receipts.
  • What are some tax credits and deductions available to individuals in Canada?
    Common tax credits and deductions include the Basic Personal Amount, Child Tax Credit, Medical Expenses, Charitable Donations, and Education Credits. The specific credits and deductions you qualify for depend on your individual circumstances.
  • What is the Goods and Services Tax (GST) credit?
    The GST credit is a tax-free quarterly payment to help individuals and families with low or modest incomes offset the GST they pay. Eligibility is based on your income and family situation.
  • Do I need to report foreign income?
    Yes, you are required to report any foreign income, including income from employment, investments, and property. There are also reporting requirements for foreign assets exceeding certain thresholds.
  • Can I split income with my spouse or common-law partner?
    There are income-splitting opportunities for some tax credits and deductions, but the rules can be complex. It's advisable to consult with a tax professional to determine the best strategy for your situation.
  • What are the penalties for late filing or non-compliance?
    There are penalties for filing your taxes late and for not reporting income. Interest may also be charged on any amounts owing. It's important to file on time to avoid these penalties.
  • Where can I get more information or assistance?
    The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) website ( is a valuable resource for information on personal taxes. You can also contact the CRA directly or seek assistance from a tax professional.
bottom of page